The Box One Prime 9 Rear Derailleur takes the advantages of legacy 9-speed drive-trains but adds the advancements of modern 1 by drive-trains; a fully adjustable Tri-Pack™ Clutch, Forged Construction, and Optimization for an 11-50t cassette steps up the durability and performance to an unparalleled level suited for the most demanding terrain.
- Our Best Performing Derailleur
- Adjustable Tri-Pack™ Limited Slip Clutch
- Precision Sealed Bearing Pulleys
- Carbon-Nylon Composite Knuckle
- Pivot-Tech™ Cable Stay
- Durable 3D Forged Linkages
- Forged Inner and Outer Cage
- Prime 9 Technology™
- Compatible with Standard Derailleur Hangers (Non Direct-Mount)
- Prime 9™ Drivetrain Compatibility Manual
- Box One Prime 9 11-50T Cassette Black
- Box Two Prime 9 11-50T Cassette Black
- Box Three Prime 9 11-50T Cassette Black
- Box One Prime 9 Chain 126L DLC Black
- Box Two Prime 9 126 Link Chain Nickel
- Box Three Prime 9 126 Link Chain Polished
- Box One Prime 9 Shifter Black
- Box Two Prime 9 Shifter Black
- Box Three Prime 9 Shifter Black
Prime 9 Box One & Two Installation
No, Shimano direct mount hangers are proprietary and are not compatible with Box derailleurs.
No, traditional 9 speed systems use a Cable Pull that is not compatible with Prime 9.
No, Box Prime 9 derailleurs are not currently compatible with drop bar shifters, but we do offer a clamp for our shifters to mount on some 31.8mm drop handle bars.
We suggest removing the derailleur from the bike and using a soft bristle brush or rag with soapy water or a mild de-greaser. We do not recommend pressure washing, strong solvents or de-greasers as they could degrade the surface coating.
Please see our installation video at boxcomponents.com/service
|Material||Stainless Steel, Hardened Alloy Steel, Nylon Composite|