The Box One Prime 9 Rear Derailleur takes the advantages of our legacy 9-speed drive-train but adds the advancements of a modern 1 by; a fully adjustable Tri-Pack(TM) Clutch, and an x-wide cage optimized for an 11-50T cassette. Forged construction steps up the durability and performance to an unparalleled level. Suited for the most demanding terrain.
- Our Best Performing Derailleur
- For Aggressive Terrain
- Adjustable Tri-Pack™ Limited Slip Clutch
- Precision Sealed Bearing Pulleys
- Carbon-Nylon Composite Knuckle
- Pivot-Tech™ Cable Stay
- Durable 3D Forged Linkages
- Forged Inner and Outer Cage Prime 9 Technology™
- Compatible with Standard Derailleur Hangers (Non Direct-Mount)
- View Prime 9 Drivetrain Compatibility Manual
- Why Prime 9?
- Box One Prime 9 11-50T and also 12-50T eBike Cassette Black
- Box Two Prime 9 11-50T and also 12-50T eBike Cassette Black
- Box Three Prime 9 11-50T and also 12-50T eBike Cassette Black
- Box One Prime 9 Chain 126L DLC Black
- Box Two Prime 9 126 Link Chain Nickel
- Box Three Prime 9 126 Link Chain Polished
- Box One Prime 9 Shifter Black
- Box Two Prime 9 Shifter Black
- Box Three Prime 9 Shifter Black
Prime 9 Box One & Two Installation
No, Shimano direct mount hangers are proprietary and are not compatible with Box derailleurs.
No, traditional 9 speed systems use a Cable Pull that is not compatible with Prime 9.
No, Box Prime 9 derailleurs are not currently compatible with drop bar shifters, but we do offer a clamp for our shifters to mount on some 31.8mm drop handle bars.
We suggest removing the derailleur from the bike and using a soft bristle brush or rag with soapy water or a mild de-greaser. We do not recommend pressure washing, strong solvents or de-greasers as they could degrade the surface coating.
Please see our installation video at https://boxcomponents.com/collections/support
|Material||Stainless Steel, Hardened Alloy Steel, Nylon Composite|