The Box One chain is protected by our dual-coating. We start with Nickel plating which aids in corrosion resistance and then top it off with the "Diamond-Like Carbon" layer. The DLC is as fancy as it sounds; a synthetic diamond nano-coating that turns up the volume on hardness, wear-resistance, and slickness. All Prime 9 chains have chamfered shifting edges, solid plates and solid pins to safeguard durability. Our unique inner link spacing is engineered to grab those modern wide/narrow chainrings. We chose to modernize the 9-speed platform due to the chain's spirited reputation.
They also work well with BMX 3/32" Chainrings and Cogs.
- Our Best Performing Chain
- Durable Dual-Coating DLC & Nickel Protection
- Durable Hardened Solid Pins
- Wide/Narrow Chainring Compatible
- Compatible with BMX 3/32" Chainrings and Cogs
- Compatible with most 10,11, & 12-speed wide / narrow chain rings.
- Prime 9 Technology™
- Prime 9™ Drivetrain Compatibility Manual
- Why Prime 9?
|Material||Hardened Alloy Steel|
- Box One Prime 9 11-50T and also 12-50T eBike Cassette Black
- Box Two Prime 9 11-50T and also 12-50T eBike Cassette Black
- Box Three Prime 9 11-50T and also 12-50T eBike Cassette Black
- Box One Prime 9 Rear Derailleur
- Box Two Prime 9 X-Wide Rear Derailleur Black
- Box Three Prime 9 X-Wide Rear Derailleur Black
- Box One Prime 9 Shifter Black
- Box Two Prime 9 Shifter Black
- Box Three Prime 9 Shifter Black
- Box Two Chainring
- Box One Single Speed Aluminum Cogs
- Box One Single Speed Chromoly Cogs
- Box Two Freewheel
Prime 9 Box One & Two Installation
Yes, All Box prime 9 chains have standard external geometry that will work with most existing 9 speed drivetrains.
No, Box Prime 9 chains are compatible with most 11-speed wide narrow chainrings but there are some chainrings that can result in poor performance. We recommend the following 11 speed wide/narrow chainrings for best performance, Wolftooth Components, Raceface, One Up Components, Absolute Black.
We suggest removing the chain from the bike and using a soft bristle brush or rag with soapy water or a mild de-greaser. We do not recommend pressure washing, strong solvents or de-greasers as they could degrade the surface coating.