All Box stems are engineered and crafted using our Oversized Technology. As we follow the load paths down the handlebars we have focused our attention on the stem-to-bar interface. Since the Oversized handlebars have an increased wall thickness and tube diameter in this sector we have reciprocated with an augmented stem interface with greater surface area. We’ve done this by moving material from low stress areas. This has greatly minimized twist and contributed to responsiveness. As the stem in mated with the handlebars we have contributed to increased pedaling stiffness by providing a backstop to the “lifting” phenomenon. There is no point pushing hard on your pedals if you can’t pull up on your handlebars and deliver that power. Power can easily be lost to handlebar-to-stem deflection and the consequences can be poor power delivery and steering control. When combined with Box’s other Oversized components, you’ll experience heightened responsiveness and reduced latency.
Key differences: This particular model stem not only shifts material from low stress zones to the Oversized interface, but also moves the clamp to the center and out of your knee’s way. These stems are engineered for the larger-sized racers.
- Lightweight Skeleton Design
- Knee-Saving Wedge Clamping System
- Oversized Bar Bore
- Oversized Cro-Mo Clamping Bolts
- Cold-Forged for Superior Strength
- Box One XL Fork with 1-1/8" Steerer Tube
- Box One X2 Fork with 1-1/8" Steerer Tube
- Box One X5 Fork with 1-1/8" Steerer Tube
- Box One Cro-mo Triple Taper Handlebar with 31.8" Bar Bore
- Box One Alloy Triple Taper Handlebar with 31.8" Bar Bore
|Material||6061-T6 Aluminum||6061-T6 Aluminum|
|Weight||244 grams / 8.6 ounces||
246 grams / 8.8 ounces