The Box Four Rear Derailleur is the base of Prime 9 Technology that offers an affordable clutch based 1 by 8-speed derailleur that is simple and light; this makes it a perfect candidate for every entry-level bike that traditionally has a 3 by drive-train that is neither durable nor user friendly.
- Our 8 is Enough Derailleur
- Limited Slip Clutch™
- Bearing Pulleys
- Nylon Composite Knuckle
- Direct Channel Cable Stay
- Die-Cast Linkages
- Stamped Inner and Outer Cage
- Compatible with Standard Derailleur Hangers (Non Direct-Mount)
- Prime 9™ Drivetrain Compatibility Manual
- Box Four 8 Speed Shifter Black
- Box Four 8 Speed 116 Link Chain Natural
- Box Four 8 Speed 11-42T Cassette Black
- Box Four 8 speed Wide/Narrow Chainring 104BCD 32T Black
No, Shimano direct mount hangers are proprietary and are not compatible with Box derailleurs.
No, traditional 8 speed systems use a Cable Pull that is not compatible with Prime 9.
No, Box Prime 9 derailleurs are not currently compatible with drop bar shifters, but we do offer a clamp for our shifters to mount on some 31.8mm drop handle bars.
We suggest removing the derailleur from the bike and using a soft bristle brush or rag with soapy water or a mild de-greaser. We do not recommend pressure washing, strong solvents or de-greasers as they could degrade the surface coating.
Please see our installation video at boxcomponents.com/service
|Material||Aluminum, Glass Fiber / Nylon Composite, Steel|