The Box Three Rear Derailleur simplifies the features found on the Prime 9 Box One and Two rear derailleurs making for a fully featured wallet friendly rear derailleur. Including a Limited Slip Clutch, Sealed bearing pulleys and a solid construction Box Three Rear derailleurs are compatible with 11-46 and 11-50t derailleurs making it one of the most versatile derailleur offerings for Prime 9.
- Our Best All-Rounder Derailleur
- For Light/Medium Terrain
- Limited Slip Clutch™
- Bearing Pulleys
- Nylon Composite Knuckle
- Direct Channel Cable Stay
- Die Cast Linkages
- Stamped Inner and Outer Cage
- Compatible with Traditional Derailleur Hangers (Non Direct-Mount)
- Prime 9 Technology™
- Prime 9™ Drivetrain Compatibility Manual
- Why Prime 9?
- Box One Prime 9 11-50T and also 12-50T eBike Cassette Black
- Box Two Prime 9 11-50T and also 12-50T eBike Cassette Black
- Box Three Prime 9 11-50T and also 12-50T eBike Cassette Black
- Box One Prime 9 Chain 126L DLC Black
- Box Two Prime 9 126 Link Chain Nickel
- Box Three Prime 9 126 Link Chain Polished
- Box One Prime 9 Shifter Black
- Box Two Prime 9 Shifter Black
- Box Three Prime 9 Shifter Black
No, Shimano direct mount hangers are proprietary and are not compatible with Box derailleurs.
No, traditional 9 speed systems use a Cable Pull that is not compatible with Prime 9.
No, Box Prime 9 derailleurs are not currently compatible with drop bar shifters, but we do offer a clamp for our shifters to mount on some 31.8mm drop handle bars.
We suggest removing the derailleur from the bike and using a soft bristle brush or rag with soapy water or a mild de-greaser. We do not recommend pressure washing, strong solvents or de-greasers as they could degrade the surface coating.
Please see our installation video at https://boxcomponents.com/collections/support
|Material||Aluminum, Glass Fiber / Nylon Composite, Steel|
This is my replacement for a stock Shimano Altus because I desired an 11-50T cassette. After correcting my derailleur hanger angle with the proper alignment tool (it wouldn’t be fair otherwise), this derailleur shifts crisp and fast. I discovered that I do not need a derailleur hanger extender. There is good clearance on the 50T sprocket.